Friday, May 21, 2010

Queen Elizabeth I Quotes

Do not tell secrets to those whose faith and
silence you have not already tested.

To Erik, King of Sweden, in 1561.
Chamberlin,
The Sayings of Queen Elizabeth (1923), ch. 11.


I would rather be a beggar and single
than a queen and married.

To the Ambassador of the Duke of Wurtemberg, 1564.
Chamberlin,
The Sayings of Queen Elizabeth (1923), ch. 2


That milkmaid's lot is better than mine,
and her life merrier
.

To one of her attendants, 1554,
while imprisoned by her sister, Queen Mary.
 
I found these quotes on this website  that I found on my moms website, e-learninglinks

2 comments:

Kaela said...

Hello! This is Kaboom again. I want to let you know that I awarded you, come and see! Just encase you are wondering,I was supposed to award 12 people, but you are the only one I know of that did not already get awarded! :)

http://chazak-kaboom.blogspot.com/2010/05/another-award.html

Kaela said...

Lizzie,

Would you mind making your comment form to pop up, or full page, instead of embedded? I really want to comment on your blogs, but I can't use embedded! BTW, Happy *late* b-day!